Saturday, August 06, 2011

Time to catch up!


It is embarrassing how long I went this time in between blog posts...I guess life with 2 kids while juggling a job and training for triathlons has left little time for blogging. I love this blog...in fact, I have started making books out of my blog (thanks Becky for the tip!) so I can keep my blog forever. It has always served as my journal and "baby book" to help me remember firsts and big milestones. Well, I don't have babies anymore and the milestones are fewer and further between...my little baby girl is closer to 4 than 3 and Sully just celebrated his 6th birthday! Everyone always told me that time would fly by when I have kids...they were right...the days really do fly! We move from one adventure to the next and here we are at 6 months of no blogs!

So, a brief update of what the kids have been up to...

Sully
Sully had an incredible year at pre-K. He really blossomed and learned a lot. He loves school and is really excited to learn how to read this year. He loves to sit on the couch or sit on his bed and look at books. He is starting to make connections between letters, sounds, and words, and he often tells me that he can't wait to read so he can know what the words are in his books even when Brett and I can't read to him. He is so sweet and loving and seems to be my analytical kid...he thinks a lot about things and will ask very detailed questions. I know that he is going to do great in K this year! He has become quite good at riding his 2 wheeler bike---in fact, he has shown an interest in triathlons and has done 1 race and is signed up for another! You know Mommy has probably inspired this interest, which makes it so fun for me to see him excited about something I love to do :) He also seems to be good at tennis...he loves to go play with Brett and has used some of this hand-eye-coordination to become quite good at Ping Pong! He loves playing at Pweety and Pip's house and is actually quite good...ha! So funny! Sully was on our neighborhood swim team and did awesome!!! He swam the backstroke and freestyle in the meets and really liked it. It was so fun to watch him swim this summer! This fall he is going to take tennis lessons and I think he wants to give soccer another try...we will see...we let Sully take the lead, so I am interested to know what he ends up loving. Sully loves TV...he would drop anything and everything for a "Sully movie" or DVD movie---he calls TV shows "Sully movies" not sure why :) Not my favorite activity, but great when I am trying to get dinner on the table. :) I have a feeling that K this year is going to be awesome for Sully...he is totally ready and prepared, so I think this year is going to be great! :)

Ansley
Ansley is SO different from Sully---she definitely has her Mommy's personality and Great PP's personality. She is constantly on the go and never really stops moving or talking unless she is tired, watching TV, or sleeping. She is very stubborn and likes things "Ansley's way" She is very determined--once she told me as we were walking up a big hill "I will not give up" that sums her up...if she wants something she does not give up...that is a quality that will help her be very successful in whatever she decides to do in life, but as her Mommy...it wears me out. :) Ansley is extremely cuddly and my favorite thing to do is to lay in bed with Ansley in the early morning and cuddle cheek to cheek. She can't get close enough when she is cuddling. Ansley has a lot of spunk in her and she tests me everyday...she can tantrum with the best of them, but when she is happy she is literally the sweetest child...she has so much love for life and for her family and friends. Ansley learned to swim on her own this summer and played soccer this Spring. Soccer was hilarious because Ansley didn't really get into the games all that much, but she had fun and seeing her in her soccer uniform was hilarious! Ansley loves school and will be in three-day preschool this year and in class with all of her best friends...her new teachers are going to be challenged with this group of crazy kids coming in. :) I'm excited to have 3 mornings a week to get some work done :)

Here are some pictures to share and I will have a few more blog posts to follow...

4th of July Pictures...

Pony rides!

That is one sweet face. :)



Serious Sully


Sully was so excited when he saw himself in the mirror...look at that face! :)


Enjoy all the blogs to follow...

xxoo Tracy, Brett, Sullivan, and Ansley xxoo

1 comment:

Becky said...

yay for updates! always love seeing pictures of your adorable kiddos and i still can't get over Sully being 6!